Military Heritage Museum Hosts Patriot Day Event to Commemorate 9/11
- Date: 09/11/2019 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Military Heritage Museum
900 West Marion Ave
Punta Gorda, Florida 33950
PUNTA GORDA, FL – The Military Heritage Museum in Punta Gorda will be host to an all-day commemorative event on Wednesday, September 11 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., to pay special tribute to all first responders for their service. The fateful day that changed the lives of every American will be indelibly etched in our minds, and it brought Americans from every walk of life together as a nation, as we grieved the tragic events that happened that day in 2001. Highlights of the 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony will include a first-hand testimonial from a survivor from one of the twin towers, and comments from the leadership of our local police, fire and sheriff departments. Events that will be FREE to everyone:
* A 9/11 Remembrance Exhibit will be available for viewing from 10 to 5 that day.
* A 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony will take place in the Gulf Theater from noon to 1 p.m.
Events that will require an ALL ACCESS PASS on this day: **
* Documentary film shown at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. in the Gulf Theater entitled 102 Minutes that Changed America.
* Flight Simulators will be grounded in the morning, as happened in 2001. Simulators will reopen from 1 to 5 p.m.
* Google Expedition will be available at 11:30, 1:30 and 3, featuring the 911 Memorial and Museum
* Academy Library will feature 9/11 Newspapers from 2001, available for viewing from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
** All Access Pass cost is $10 pp, $8 for veterans and active duty, first responders and youth ages 5-13. No fee for children under 5. Annual Members cost is $5.
The Military Heritage Museum is located at 900 West Marion Avenue in Punta Gorda. For more information, please call 941-575-9002 or go to our website at www.freedomisntfree.org.