Hounds on HenryAmenities:
- Pet Friendly
This park contains approximately one and a half (1.5) acres and provides two fenced areas (large and small breed), sidewalks and other facilities for residents and their K-9 companions.
In order to protect the safety and welfare of park users and the citizens of the City of Punta Gorda, the following rules and regulations apply within the Hounds on Henry Dog Park:
- No animals other than dogs are allowed in the park.
- Dog owners must accompany their dog(s) at all times when inside the park.
- Dogs are required to wear a collar with a current license attached and must be current on their rabies vaccines.
- Dog owners are responsible for the clean-up/removal of their dog’s feces. Owners must utilize the bag stations and trash cans for feces removal.
- Female dogs in heat and dogs under the age of 4 months are prohibited from entering the park.
- No glass containers are allowed inside of the park.
- Smoking is prohibited in the park.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises and owners must immediately remove their dog from the park at first sign of aggression.
Owners should be respectful and courteous to others in the park. Owners are expected to know the temperament of their dog and are ultimately responsible for the actions of their dog at all times while inside of the park. Owners are discouraged from bringing food into the park and from feeding dogs as food aggression or allergies may occur. Owners are not exempt from the Charlotte County Animal Control Ordinances in regards to dangerous/aggressive animals and may be subject to a fine in the event a violation occurs. The City reserves the right to deny access to the park for any dog and their owner for failure to comply with these rules and regulations or Charlotte County Animal Control Ordinances.