Located on the western edge of the City at 3400 Ponce de Leon Parkway, Ponce de Leon Park overlooks the vast expanse of Charlotte Harbor. The parks amenities include a boat ramp, fishing piers, mangrove boardwalk, small playground, open air chapel area, and picnic pavilion. The park also has a sandy beach area that is popular for watching the sunset and the boats cruising in and out of the channel into Punta Gorda Isles canal system.
Ponce de Leon Park is home to the Peace River Wildlife Center (PRWC). A 501c3 non-profit dedicated to the treatment and rehabilitation of injured and orphaned native-Florida wildlife. The PRWC treats over 2,000 furry and feathered patients annually. When a patient cannot be returned to the wild, but is otherwise healthy it becomes a permanent resident. Housed attractive habitats suggestive of their native environments these permanent residents are available for public viewing daily, Contact Peace River Wildlife Center for hours of operation.
The park is open from sunrise to sunset.
3400 Ponce De Leon Parkway
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
10 acres on Charlotte Harbor at Ponce de Leon Inlet
- ¼ mile raised boardwalk through wetland area with educational signage
- Boat ramp
- Boat trailer parking
- Fishing piers
- Pavilion / shelter area
- Peace River Wildlife Center
- Picnic tables
- Man-made beach
Other City Parks & Facilities
Hounds on HenryAmenities:
- Pet Friendly
This park contains approximately one and a half (1.5) acres and provides two fenced areas (large and small breed), sidewalks and other facilities for residents and their K-9 companions.
In order to protect the safety and welfare of park users and the citizens of the City of Punta Gorda, the following rules and regulations apply within the Hounds on Henry Dog Park:
- No animals other than dogs are allowed in the park.
- Dog owners must accompany their dog(s) at all times when inside the park.
- Dogs are required to wear a collar with a current license attached and must be current on their rabies vaccines.
- Dog owners are responsible for the clean-up/removal of their dog’s feces. Owners must utilize the bag stations and trash cans for feces removal.
- Female dogs in heat and dogs under the age of 4 months are prohibited from entering the park.
- No glass containers are allowed inside of the park.
- Smoking is prohibited in the park.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises and owners must immediately remove their dog from the park at first sign of aggression.
Owners should be respectful and courteous to others in the park. Owners are expected to know the temperament of their dog and are ultimately responsible for the actions of their dog at all times while inside of the park. Owners are discouraged from bringing food into the park and from feeding dogs as food aggression or allergies may occur. Owners are not exempt from the Charlotte County Animal Control Ordinances in regards to dangerous/aggressive animals and may be subject to a fine in the event a violation occurs. The City reserves the right to deny access to the park for any dog and their owner for failure to comply with these rules and regulations or Charlotte County Animal Control Ordinances.