City Facilities to Reopen
City offices will return to normal business on Wednesday, September 13, 2017. At this time, streets have been cleared and a majority of the water has receded. Residents should use caution when navigating throughout the City as there may still be standing water, storm debris, and non-working traffic lights. As a reminder, the Charlotte County curfew from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. is still in effect until further notice.
- At this time Punta Gorda Utility customers are NOT under a boil water notice.
- Punta Gorda Billing & Collections will be waiving all late fees that may have occurred due to the storm. For additional questions please email email@example.com or call 941-639-2528.
- City of Punta Gorda Utilities Department customers who experience a loss of water service or sewer issues are asked to call 941-628-4602.
- Although City staff has been inspecting the entire canal system, seawall failures can still be reported by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Public Works at 941-575-5050.
- City will resume sanitation and recycling services on Wednesday, September 13 with regularly scheduled service days. Except for previously scheduled e-waste, there will be no make-up collections for missed days. Sanitation issues can be addressed by emailing email@example.com or by calling Public Works at 941-575-5050.
- Storm debris (including vegetation, building and white goods) will be collected separately by our contractor on dates yet to be determined. Additional instructions on how to place these items in the right-of-way will be forthcoming. DO NOT mix piles. DO NOT place debris on vacant lots, near fire hydrants, utility meters, backflow preventers, electrical poles and boxes, or any other permanent structures.
- Road signs that are missing or damaged can be reported by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Public Works at 941-575-5050.
- Permit information or contractor related issues or problems can be reported by calling Building at 941-575-5548.
- Business signs that are damaged or missing can be reported by emailing email@example.com or by calling Code Compliance at 941-575-5546.
- Charlotte County Mosquito Control will initiate additional treatments due to standing water.
- Florida Power Light reports that 60% of residents in Charlotte County have power restored.
- City of Punta Gorda and Charlotte County have not identified a need for additional volunteers based on the current damage assessment. We do encourage those interested in volunteering to consider assisting other communities who are in need. Potential volunteers can contact the Volunteer Florida helpline at 1-800-FLHELP1 or go to www.volunteerflorida.org.
Please be patient when calling to report problems or issues as City staff is responding to higher than normal call volumes.