The City has established a discrimination complaint procedure and will take prompt and reasonable action to investigate and eliminate discrimination when found. Any person who believes that he or she has been subjected to discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or family status in any City program, service or activity may file a complaint with the City’s Title VI/Nondiscrimination Coordinator:
- City of Punta Gorda, Philip Wickstrom, Human Resources Manager
- Nondiscrimination Coordinator
- 326 W Marion Avenue,
- Punta Gorda, FL 33950
- Email: humres@CityofPuntaGordaFL.com
- Telephone: (941) 575-3300
- Florida Relay 1(800)955-8770 (Voice) or 1(800)-955-8771(TTY)
- 1-800-955-9770 (English); 1-877-955-8707 (Spanish); or 1-877-955-8707 (French Cr).
If possible, the complaint should be submitted in writing and contain the identity of the complainant; the basis for the allegations (i.e., race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or family status); and a description of the alleged discrimination with the date of occurrence. If the complaint cannot be submitted in writing, the complainant should contact the Title VI/Nondiscrimination Coordinator for assistance.
The complaint must be filed no later than 180 calendar days after the following:
- The date of the alleged act of discrimination; o
- The date when the person(s) became aware of the alleged discrimination; or
- Where there has been a continuing course of conduct, the date on which that conduct was discontinued or the latest instance of the conduct.