Construction of a 20 foot Harborwalk in Gilchrist Park beginning at Harvey Street and continuing to the western extinct of Gill Street (Conquistador Statue). The project will also include
- Decorative seating area south of existing gazebo
- Large & small pavilion
- Brick courtyard area
- Brick intersection improvements on Harvey, Durrance, & Gill St.
- Parking enhancements
- New Seawall
- Stormwater management system
- Landscape improvements & irrigation
- Decorative site lighting
- Park Amenities including grills, trash receptacles, picnic tables, and flag pole
New seawall installation and cap continues. Concrete curb installation and crosswalk installation is under way. Shell base is prepped in the diagonal parking areas. Deco light poles and bases have arrived. Material testing is on-going per the FDOT approved plan. The road will remain closed through July 17, 2017 and park will remain closed through December 2017. Pedestrians are requested to seek alternate routes and respect the contractors work zone for their safety.
Project Area Map:
400 W. Retta Esplanade
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
Gilchrist Park: Harvey Street to Gill Street