Construction of a 20 foot Harborwalk in Gilchrist Park beginning at Harvey Street and continuing to the western extinct of Gill Street (Conquistador Statue). The project will also include
- Decorative seating area south of existing gazebo
- Large & small pavilion
- Brick courtyard area
- Brick intersection improvements on Harvey, Durrance, & Gill St.
- Parking enhancements
- New Seawall
- Stormwater management system
- Landscape improvements & irrigation
- Decorative site lighting
- Park Amenities including grills, trash receptacles, picnic tables, and flag pole
Rough site grading continues at Gilchrist Park with stormwater management areas and other site features being sculpted. Preparations continue off site for demolition of the existing seawall with work on-site expected to commence in the coming weeks. City of Punta Gorda Utilities is videoing the sewer pipes along this section of W Retta Esplanade to verify the condition of the existing infrastructure prior to any major contactor work within the right of way. Please avoid driving in this area when possible if driving cannot be avoided please drive with due caution to ensure the safety of workers operating within the street.
Project Area Map:
400 W. Retta Esplanade
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
Gilchrist Park: Harvey Street to Gill Street