IRS regulations require a current W9 to be on file to avoid withholding requirements. Complete W9 and email to accounts payable: email@example.com The City will comply with IRS regulations regarding issuance of 1099s.
TIPS for ensuring prompt payment of invoices:
Submit Invoice with all required information:
- purchase order number (if applicable)
- delivery ticket signed by City Employee,
- adequate line item detail
Review pricing for compliance with City contract
Target dates for weekly payments:
- Payments are issued and mailed weekly on Thursdays only.
- Department review and approval time for authorization averages 3 to 5 days, depending upon complexity
- Department authorized request for payments are to be submitted to A/P no later than Tuesday afternoon
- Thursday holiday schedule - dates move up one day: Wednesday payments, Monday submittal deadline