Burnt Store Isles Canal Advisory Committee
12/10/2019 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
FEMA Flood Zone Open House
12/12/2019 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Development Review Committee
12/13/2019 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
City Wide Garage Sales
12/14/2019 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
41st Annual Christmas Parade
12/14/2019 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Yoga in the Park
12/14/2019 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- > If my serious health condition extends beyond the twelve weeks of protected leave that is guaranteed by the FMLA, but I have sick and/or vacation leave still available that will enable my being able to continue to draw a paycheck during my absence, will I get my old job back when I am able to return to work?
> If my serious health condition extends beyond the twelve weeks of protected leave that is guaranteed by the FMLA, but I have sick and/or vacation leave still available that will enable my being able to continue to draw a paycheck during my absence, will I get my old job back when I am able to return to work?
The Punta Gorda Police Department offers a great opportunity to those seeking to gain educational experience in law enforcement, criminal justice, or small government administration through our internship program. Participants in our program receive a varied and well rounded understanding of how a law enforcement agency functions and gain valuable experience for their future careers. Our goal is to provide internship program participants with exposure to many different aspects of law enforcement including:
- Uniformed Patrol
- Criminal Investigations
- Evidence & Property
- Crime Scene
- Police Administration
- School Resource Officer Program
- Community Services
- Volunteers in Policing
- Staff Inspections
- Law Enforcement Accreditation
- Employee Development
- Administrative Services
- Marine Patrol
- And more...
To be eligible to participate in the Punta Gorda Police Department Internship Program all applicants:
- Must be a senior in high school or college student;
- Must provide current transcripts for evaluation;
- Must be in compliance with the Punta Gorda Police Department's Drug Free Policy;
- Must complete the application process;
- Must successfully pass a background investigation including fingerprinting;
- Must not have any record of felony arrests. Misdemeanor arrests will be reviewed on a case by case basis;
- Must provide two referrals from professors or teachers;
- Must participate in a staff interview to determine suitability for successful completion of the program.
What Sets Us Apart?
We know that you have options when it comes to choosing an internship program, but not all internship programs are the same. At the Punta Gorda Police Department we customize each intern's program based on your specific educational needs and interests. The number of hours and schedule can be adjusted to fit your needs. In addition, while we try to ensure that every intern receives a well rounded view of the department, additional time can be allotted for sections of the agency (i.e. patrol, administration, crime scene, etc.) that you have a particular interest in.
For more information on becoming a PGPD intern or to apply,
please contact the internship program coordinator at:
The City of Punta Gorda is a Drug Free
Workplace, Equal Opportunity, and
Veterans' Preference Employer.
All elements of the selection process shall be job related and the
criteria for selection of candidates is not based upon a candidate’s race,
color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information,
and is therefore determined to be non-discriminatory.