Engineering is a service-oriented division that provides technical support and services to City departments, performs surveys and grade shots for City projects, project management and inspection duties on Capital Improvement Projects (CIP), and department projects. The Engineering Division is also the point of contact for information relating to the NPDES Stormwater Permit.
The City of Punta Gorda paving contractor is scheduled to commence milling, paving and pavement marking work on: Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019 through Friday, March 15, 2019 (weather permitting), on the following list of streets:
- Coral Tree.
- Ryan Blvd.
- La Costa Island Ct.
- Allen St., from Taylor to Cooper St.
- Burland St., from Elizabeth St., to Cooper St.
- Hazel St., from Myrtle St., to Allen St.
- Ida Ave., from Mary St., to Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Brown Ave., from Marion Ave., to Olympia Avenues.
- Fitzburgh St., from Wood St., to Martin Luther King Blvd.
- E. Virginia Ave. between US 41 north and Southbound; including the Taylor St. intersection.
Each road will be open to local traffic only. Detours and impact to traffic are to be anticipated. Hours of operation will be between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Please allow time in travel for minor delays.
When driving in the area, motorist are encouraged to drive with extreme caution and be alert to workers in the right-of-way.
The City of Punta Gorda appreciates your cooperation.
For additional information on this project, please contact Linda Sposito, Sr. Project Manager, City of Punta Gorda Public Works Department at (941) 575-5060 between the business hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Design Permitting and Management of City Construction Projects;
- Drainage and Stormwater Management
- Engineering Review of Commercial Construction Projects
- Special Permits for Dock Construction
- Street Lighting Coordination
- Traffic Signals, Signs and Striping Coordination
- Paving Program