The Sanitation/Refuse Collection Division collects refuse, yard waste and white goods from approximately 12,000 residential and commercial accounts each month. In addition, the City has a contract with Waste Management to provide weekly residential curbside recycling.
It is more convenient, makes garbage collection easier and is much safer for our hardworking Sanitation crew. Your current garbage can will be replaced with either a 32, 48 or 96-gallon rolling cart. There will be no change to the pickup schedule and these changes do not affect recycling or yardwaste collection. The new carts belong to the City, please do not remove or take it if you move. The cart stays with the property.
- Household trash is collected twice per week. All trash should be out to the curb by 6 a.m. on the day of collection to guarantee pickup. Materials placed out later than 6 a.m. will not be picked up until your next collection day.
- Continue to place your garbage cart at the end of the driveway, in the same pick up location.
- Leave 5’ of clearance around your garbage cart and for all other curbside services. Please keep any toys, bikes, grills, etc., away from your trash cart to avoid any collection mistakes.
- Trash should be bagged inside the cart to prevent any wind-blown litter during the collection process, or any leakage from wet garbage. It can also help keep animals out of your garbage.
- Protect our residents and Sanitation crews—never place broken glass, metal shards, needles, razor blades or other sharp objects directly into a garbage bag. Non-contaminated items should be placed in a secondary container, such as a milk jug or sealable jar, to prevent penetration.
Have occasional extra garbage? Please call Public Works at 941-575- 5050 for further instructions related to special pickups.