The Sanitation/Refuse Collection Division collects refuse, yard waste and white goods from approximately 12,000 residential and commercial accounts each month. In addition, the City has a contract with Waste Management to provide weekly residential curbside recycling.
October 6, 2017
City of Punta Gorda Sanitation crews have resumed regular yardwaste routes with collection of cans, bags and small amounts of palm fronds. Sanitation will begin scheduling tractor piles of normal yard maintenance October 16th. Please call Public Works Department at (941) 575-5050 between the business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to schedule your tractor pile pick up.
The City of Punta Gorda’s contract hurricane debris haulers are continuing to collect larger yardwaste piles. To date they have collected 6,800 cubic yards, approximately 57% of estimated debris volume. A fourth truck was added to the debris hauler’s fleet on Thursday 10/5/17.
Below is an estimated schedule pending inclement weather or equipment failures.
- PGI Bird section completed
- Southwest section Bal Harbor and Aqui Esta- Beginning Thurs. 10/5/17
- Northwest section PGI – Beginning Fri./Sat. 10/6-10/7
- Continue to clean up Downtown East/West Area
- Northeast section PGI – Beginning Mon./Tues. 10/9-10/10
- Burnt Store Isles/ Burnt Store Meadows – Beginning Tues./Wed. 10/10-10/11
- Residential Solid Waste Collection Guide
- City of PG Recycle Program & Information
- Home Depot® Compact Florescent Bulb Recycling
- Flare Disposal
- Medication Disposal
- Motor Oil Disposal
- Sharps Disposal
SPECIAL NEEDS CUSTOMERS
Any customer who is not able to bring garbage and recyclables to the curb may call 575-5050 to inquire about a special service.