Zoning takes pride in providing supportive information and timely reviews to assist property owners and applicants through the City's planning and permitting processes as we plan for and ensure that the City’s natural and built environments adhere to the community's vision as expressed in our Land Development Regulations, City Code of Ordinances, Comprehensive Plan, and other planning documents
Zoning regulates the location, height and size of buildings and structures on property in the City of Punta Gorda and enforces zoning regulations to protect the health, safety and well-being of all who live and work in the City. Zoning activities are guided by the City’s Land Development Regulation (LDR) and the City Code of Ordinance.
Zoning's main functions:
- Research, review and approve subdivisions of property, including access, dimensional and platting requirements
- Administer zoning changes, including the special use notice and hearing process
- Maintain, administer and interpret the Land Development Code and its amendments
- Review and approve building permit site plans for code compliance
- Administer the City’s sign code
- Review and determine approval status for: home occupations, special event permits, towers, and all other development
The purpose of the Code Compliance is to promote, protect and improve the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Punta Gorda through effective code enforcement
Code Compliance is committed to working with citizens in a joint effort to preserve and improve the quality of life in the City of Punta Gorda by enforcing the provisions of the City Code of Ordinance, which may include issuing notices of violation or civil citations. In addition, inspections are conducted at construction projects to ensure compliance with Zoning.