The City of Punta Gorda has set forth an Event Manual outlining the guidelines and procedures for holding events on city parks and property. The event manual is a community resource to assist event organizers, and ensure that all events are enjoyable gatherings for everyone.
- The City of Punta Gorda has many venues to suit a variety of events and capacities
- Event permits are required when seeking exclusive use of all or part of a public park or roadway for any length of time
Event Approval Standards
- A series of standards have been developed to assist organizers in planning the operations of their event. These review standards are to serve as the minimum requirements to insure a safe and successful event. read more
- The City of Punta Gorda’s Urban Design Division oversees the processing of applications to hold public events in City parks (e.g. Laishley, Gilchrist and Ponce de Leon Parks), on City right-of-ways (e.g. walk-a-thon, parades, etc.), and on all other City-owned or private property.
Fees & Deposits
- Events and gatherings held in Punta Gorda's public spaces require a security deposit, and a rental fee covering the costs associated with reserving various venues, as well as public property maintenance
|Event Component||City Department||Phone|
|Event Coordination||Zoning & Code Compliance||(941) email@example.com|
|Temp. Event Signage||(941) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Electrical Service||Public Works||(941) email@example.com
|Event Security||Police Department||(941) 639-4111||police@pgorda,us|
|Fire Department||(941) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alcoholic Beverages||State of Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco call 239-278-7195 or 800-226-7359|
|Trash Removal||Individual event’s responsibility. The City does NOT provide trash removal services or temporary toilets for any event|