Year-Round Water Conservation Measures
Twice-per-week watering allows customers additional flexibility for determining when to water. Residents are encouraged to water only if their lawn and landscape needs it and to turn off irrigation systems when rain is forecasted. Some of the signs that a lawn needs water include a blue-gray appearance, blades folded in half lengthwise and footprints remaining on the lawn for several minutes after walking on it.
Lawn Watering & Micro Irrigation of Plant
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and any time.
- Lawn watering is limited to no more than twice per week.
- Lawn watering days and times for city residents are as follows:
|Addresses ending in 0 and 1||Monday & Thursday||Before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.|
|Addresses ending in 2 and 3||Tuesday & Friday||Before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.|
|Addresses ending in 4 and 5||Wednesday & Saturday||Before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.|
|Addresses ending in 6 and 7||Thursday & Sunday||Before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.|
|Addresses ending in 8 and 9||Friday & Tuesday||Before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.|
|Addresses ending in a letter or
locations without a discernable address
|Friday & Tuesday||Before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.|
New Lawns & Plants
- New lawns and plants have a "30-30" establishment period.
- On the day of installation, watering is allowed on any day at any time.
- During the first 30 days, watering is allowed on any day during the allowable hours.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and Saturday; and locations without a discernable address may water on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
Fountains, Car Washing & Pressure Washing
- There are no specific restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing.
- These and other water uses should be conducted as efficiently as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on each hose to adhere to the general restriction prohibiting wasteful water use.