The purpose and intent of landscaping is ...
- enhance the appearance and natural beauty of the City
- protect property values through preservation and planting of vegetation, screening, and landscape materials
These measures will ...
- provide privacy from noise and visual intrusion
- prevent the erosion of soil, the excessive run-off of water
- protect other plant species from canker and other disease
In addition these measures will help reduce ...
- excessive heat
- accumulation of dust
- pollution of water bodies
- to protect other plant species from canker and other disease
Landscape selection is one of the most important decisions made when designing your property or development project. The concept of planting the right plant, particularly “the right tree in the right place” is critical to creating a sustainable landscape design. Since most trees have the potential to outlive the people who plant them, the proper selection can have a significant influence on the success or failure of the design.